Westmoreland County's Drug Overdose Task Force is led by Director Tim Phillips, CADC, under the guidance of Westmoreland County Commissioners Gina Cerilli, Ted Kopas, and Charles Anderson; County Coroner Ken Bacha; and County Detective Tony Marcocci.
Tim assumed leadership of the DOTF in 2016 when the Allegheny Foundation provided generous support to restructure the Task Force to better address the growing addiction crisis in our county and region. Under Tim, we are focusing on supporting the efforts of community coalitions, whether they be organized by location, or discipline. We have adapted the Project Lazarus model, facilitating change by working with community members to effect change. In the summer of 2017 we embarked on a program evaluation of the DOTF with the assistance of stakeholders to assess where to focus our energies for maximum impact.
Learn more and review our Coalition Toolkits at www.getinwestmoreland.info, which was redesigned in late 2016 to reflect the updated mission and structure of the DOTF.
- View the August, 2015, slide presentation to the Norwin Reality Tour meeting here.
- The July 17th, 2014 Drug Overdose Task Force Community Meeting
- Dirk Matson spoke for the Westmoreland County Chamber of Commerce on the drug epidemic sweeping the nation, specifically Westmoreland County. View his presentation slideshow
- Dirk Matson: Task Force Overview
- Betty Gaul: Root Cause Analysis
- Coroner Ken Bacha: Coroner's Presentation
- Dr. Neil Capretto: The Nature of Addiction
- Colleen Hughes: Current Drug & Alcohol Programs
Visit the Center for Disease Control's Prescription Pain Killer Overdose webpage